The Timing Pulley Designer is software that is designed to generate G-Code for cutting timing pulleys on a mill with a 4th axis. At this time, the Designer ships with pre-configured profiles for the following pulley types:
but is configurable so that you can add any trapezoidal tooth profile you need.
Some features of the application include:
- End Mills are Fully Configurable
- Gear specs are Fully Configurable
- G-Code output can be tailored
- All machining can be done with a standard end-mill
Principle of Operation
The G-Code that gets generated cuts the gear by :
1) Rotating the gear 360/# teeth and cutting the land between each tooth
2) Determining the proper rotation and Y/Zcutter position to place each tooth such that the proper angle can be cut by milling the left side of the tooth at 90 degrees to the X/Y plane (see image)
3) Repeating step 2 for the right side of the tooth
Browse the help file HERE
*** HOW TO OBTAIN THE SOFTWARE ***
Once you have paid for your order, you may log into your account and navigate to My Account->My Downloadable Products to download the installation file.